Sharp LC60UD27U: 60" UHD LED TV
Sharp's second-generation Ultra High Definition TVs are ultra-impressive. Whether your viewing tastes run to movies, sports, or TV shows, Sharp produces some of the most brilliant and beautiful 4K images we've seen, and wraps them in elegantly sleek designs.
The LC-60UD27U is one of the few TVs that have earned THX® 4K certification. Getting THX certified has never been easy, but to be 4K-certified, this model had to pass over 400 rigorous laboratory tests — for both HD and 4K picture quality.
If you've been looking at 4K TVs you've probably already discovered how little true or "native" 4K content is available. And until the content catches up with the hardware, owners of Ultra HD TVs will be relying on their TV's ability to upconvert HD and other video formats to 4K. Sharp's Revelation Upscaler takes a two-step approach to this critical task. First, a dual-core processor fine-tunes the original signal for optimal picture quality, removing as much digital noise and other artifacts as possible. Next, the upscaler analyzes and intelligently enhances the signal to create a 4K (3840 x 2160-pixel) image.
The sophistication of Sharp's upscaler proved itself in THX's exacting tests. Basic qualities like color performance and motion processing received intense scrutiny. And when it came to analyzing image detail for movies, THX's battery of tests made certain that essential film elements such as grain and texture weren't "smoothed over." Sharp's unique Integrative Cognitive Creation (ICC) technology is able to reconstruct images that look more realistic than other upconverted pictures.
The LC-60UD27U has features and capabilities that are similar to other Wi-Fi-equipped Smart TVs, plus a couple of cool extras. Sharp's intuitive SmartCentral™ interface lets you quickly connect to your home's network for more entertainment choices. Stream movies and TV shows from Netflix®, indulge in video snacking at YouTube®, and keep the music flowing with Rhapsody® and Pandora® Internet radio. Here's a feature we haven't seen before: the ability to display a split-screen view with a video source and web streaming. Makes it easy to surf the web while you watch TV.
• 60.09" screen (measured diagonally)
• glossy screen, silver-finish bezel and stand
• tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
• QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels — contact your local service provider for details)
• Ultra High Definition TV with 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
• HEVC for compatibility with streamed 4K content from sources like Netflix® (requires Internet connection speed of at least 20Mbps)
• Revelation™ Upscaler enhances HD video sources to near-4K quality
• THX® 4K-certified TV — passed over 400 laboratory tests to meet the highest picture quality standards for HD and 4K
• edge-lit LED backlight with AquoDimming for high picture contrast and excellent detail in dark scenes
• AquoMotion 480 blur reduction (120Hz refresh rate plus backlight scanning)
• Wallpaper Mode lets you display pre-installed artwork or your own photos in an elegant 4K picture frame
• Internet-ready Smart TV — plays Netflix video and more (subscription required for some services)
• supports up to 5.1-channel audio with streaming movie services like Netflix and Vudu™ (audio quality depends on your connection speed)
• built-in Wi-Fi® to link to a wireless network
• dual-core processor for improved web browsing and app multitasking
• video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
• screen mirroring with Miracast™ enabled smartphones
• MHL-compatible HDMI input for viewing photos/videos from a compatible smartphone on the TV's screen
• Skype™-compatible (requires Sharp camera — sold separately)
• 2.1 speaker system (10 watts x 2 plus 15 watts for woofer)
• multibrand remote control
• free downloadable apps for iOS® and Android™ let you use a compatible smartphone as a remote control
• AQUOS Link™ simplifies control of compatible Sharp components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)