The CO3 is an AES/EBU, S/PDIF, optical converter that features simultaneous conversion in all directions and an SCMS management system. Machine will strip SCMS and pass ID or track marks for most every machine we have tried. WILL NOT WORK with Philips CD-Recorders.
- Converts between AES/EBU, S/PDIF Coax and TOSlink format digital audio streams.
- Three inputs: AES/EBU, S/PDIF Coax and TOSlink.
- Three outputs: AES/EBU, S/PDIF Coax and TOSlink.
- Source button determines which input is the audio source (master), the other two inputs are then ignored.
- Source input is converted to all three output formats simultaneously.
SCMS (Serial Copy Management System) button sets copy protection:
- Pass-thru, no copy protection, force "original", or force "1st generation."
- Supports sample rates up to 100kHz.
- Built-in jitter correction.
- One-third rack sized chassis.
- All audio ports in rear of chassis, Source button, SCMS button, Power button and LED's on front panel.
- 3 LED's indicate which input is currently the master.
- 4 LED's indicate the SCMS mode.
- 1 LED indicates the validity of the incoming audio stream.
- 9VDC wall-wart powered.